Tuesday, November 13, 2007

To Lake Wimico

Leaving our anchorage on this leg, there would be little to no residences. As is was, it was several hours before we saw any signs of life...we were happy to see this shimper....there must be some other people around!

The real estate market is affected all over---the For Sale sign on this dock was barely readable !

The reflection was especially good on this picture, I thought
I would describe this section of the waterway as rugged and desolate. But the driftwood on the sides of it was pretty, if you were looking for some.....





I just liked this picture I took of the driftwood, but with the wake of the boat, it had an interesting effect.


Further down the waterway, this place was also for sale...the amenities looked interesting...



We didn't see many people moving...I think on the whole 6 hours or so, we saw one sailboat and 2 fishing boats as we neared Lake Wimico. Not much wildlife either.



Here is the White City harbor...not much action there either !

The waterway with a whole flock of swallows....I take back my earlier view of not much wildlife.





Finally, we reach Lake Wimico...very shallow and NO residences anywhere on the very big shoreline. A couple of fishing boats though.
Not too much farther to Appalachicola....!